Total Pageviews

Monday 4 April 2016

Review: Lamentation

Lamentation Lamentation by C.J. Sansom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published 23rd October 2014
Author : C. J. Sansom

I've been a fan of C. J. Sanson's work ever since I accidentally came across his book Sovereign. I really enjoy reading and learning about the Tudors and this book certainly did not disappoint. Henry VIII was suffering ill health and married to his last wife Catherine Parr who had written a confessional book Lamentation of a Sinner. It's up to Matthew Shardlake to find out who has stolen this from a locked chest in the Queen's private chamber therefore putting the Queen in danger of her life. With his side kick Jack Barak they set off into the back streets of London to solve this royal intrigue. It's one of those books that is so well written you feel as though you are dodging through the murky streets with them. Excellent book and would definitely recommend this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment