Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 April 2016

Review: The Lord of Ireland

The Lord of Ireland The Lord of Ireland by E.M. Powell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published: 5th April 2016
Author E.M. Powell

The author very kindly sent me a signed copy of her new book The Lord of Ireland. Having thoroughly enjoyed The Blood of the Fifth Knight I knew that this book would also be a fantastic read and I was not disappointed.

Continuing with the story of Sir Benedict Palmer and his wife Theodosia this follows the story of John Lackland, the youngest son of Henry II on his quest to ultimately become King of Ireland. Yet again a wonderful descriptive book full of twists and turns. I would have read this in two days but unfortunately having to go to work came in between me and my reading! Once again the author transported me to the place she described in Ireland following John and his trail of destruction. In my imagination I was hiding from John and his barbaric actions,covered in mud, cold,hungry, tired and hoping to survive. This was a fast moving book with plenty of action and E.M. Powell's superb character analyzation was spot on and an absolute joy to read. A must for anyone interested in medieval history. This book deserves more than a five star rating and I hope there will be more to come from this series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment