Total Pageviews

Monday 14 September 2015

Review: Apple Tree Yard

Apple Tree Yard Apple Tree Yard by Louise Doughty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Author: Louise Doughty
Published: 02/01/2014 (first published 2013)
Recommended for: people who enjoy psychological thrillers

I have being wanting to read this book for ages, so when I found it at a charity book sale I just knew that I had to start reading it. It is a book that can easily and effortlessly grab hold of your attention and mind making you get caught up in the book.
The main characters in the book are fasinating, you see the story playing out as Yvonne Carmichael I going over what happened in her life. She is someone that is quite easy to relate to and is portrayed in a way that makes it seem like you are reading about someone's actual life. The other man character remains nameless until nearly the end when we find out his name, this makes him seem alot more intriguing, interesting and mysterious which hooks you as you want to find out who the person is, what their name is, what they do. You feel like you are reading through someones diary reading what happened, how everything came about.
The book runs in a very smooth pace meaning that there isnt a dull bit to read through, it is one that will make you glad that you read it and it is most definately worth the wait to read it. When I had finally put the book down I still kept thinking about what might happen next, what might happen to the characters...this continued when I had finished the book I kept thinking about the characters this is how you can tell it is an amazing book when you just cannot stop thinking about it.
It is incredibly well written and shows how amazingly talented the author Louise Doughty is and I would definately read more books by her, this is an absoultely fantastic book to read. In my opinion I wouldn't recommended this book for under 16's as there are quite a few remarks and quotes that aren't for young people to be reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment