Total Pageviews

Monday 14 September 2015

Review: The Sign of Four

The Sign of Four The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published: 1/10/2001 (first published 1890)
Author: Arthur Conan Doyle

ahh i love a good Sherlock Holmes book and this one does not disappoint. Expertly written by the brilliant Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, we get transported into the world of Sherlock Holmes, the way it is written makes you feel like you are there with the characters. I thought I had worked out who has done it....until the end when I realised how wrong I had been. An amazing book for fans of who done it books!
Some of the amazing characters that are featured in this book are: Sherlock Holmes, Dr John Watson, Athelney Jones and Mary Morstan. All of these characters are brilliantly described by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, he makes them seem so realistic which means that when the reader is reading about them you can see a vivid picture of them in your mind. This is a real skill as it helps to draw the reader in further and makes the book much more deeper as the reader can feel like they really connect to the characters.
This is the second book in the Sherlock Holmes series of novel, I think that it is a brilliant book that will keep you hooked onto the Sherlock Holmes series, if you have just watched the programmes and not read the books then I would recommend that you give the books a try! Nothing can capture the images that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle can put into the readers mind.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment