Total Pageviews

Monday 14 September 2015

Review: The Miniaturist

The Miniaturist The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published: 26/08/2014
Author: Jessie Burton

I absolutely adore this book!!!! I was so so happy when I got this as a present I started to read it straight away. I thought that it was brilliantly well written, the description in the novel truly transported you there to Amsterdam, there with Nella. All of the characters were great none of them blended into the background they all brought something different to the novel.
The character of Nella is one that is very realistic and very likeable. I think that my favourite author is definately Otto (or Toot), his character really spoke to me and I found myself feeling for him. The book was incredibly hard to put down and when I did put it down it wasn't long before I went back too it. When reading it the hours just fly by because you get that sucked into the book and into the story. The thing that drew me to the novel in the first place was the unique and interesting storyline it had. Anyone who wants to read this book you definately should do! I know this book was very hyped up and generally books that are hyped up tend not to live upto your expectations but this book definately does live upto the hype.
This is the type of book that will make you think back too it after you have finished reading it, it engraves itself into your mind, which to me show you just how amazing and powerful a book it is. Every part of the book is relevant, the author doesn't go off talking about nothing making you feel that maybe she had lost where she was going with the book. It is extremely well written the words that are used are powerful and realistic, when reading the words they transport you in your imagination to where the author whats you to be, to see the world she has created in the book. It is one that is very easy to get attached to. It is one that I will definately never be parting with and will pass it down my family.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment