Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Review: The Brutal Art

The Brutal Art The Brutal Art by Jesse Kellerman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Author: Jesse Kellerman
Published: 2008
Recommended for: fans of crime fiction

This book took me a little while to get into it and understand it, but once I did I was hooked on it! I haven't read a book by Jesse Kellerman before or his parents so I was new to his style of writing but it certainly kept my attention throughout the book and it is one that does stick in your mind.
The pace of the book is kept up throughout it doesn't have a lull in it where you think if you should continue with it or not. It does contain alot of unexpected twists and turns which keeps you on your toes and keeps you guessing. Even though this book contains two stories that at first seem seperate end up twisting together nicely at the very end, you have the story of Ethan Muller who is an art dealer and then you also have the story of Victor Cracke, who is one of the most essential characters in the book.
The way that Jesse Kellerman has described the characters gies you a real sense of who they are, they have alot of depth too them which draws the reader in as it makes the characters seem real. It is excellently written and one that I would happily read again and again. I am glad that I stumbled across this book and I would definately recommend people to read this book!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Very nice detail in the review and looks like a good read.

    ReplyDelete