Total Pageviews

Friday 30 October 2015

Review: The House of Silk: A Sherlock Holmes Novel

The House of Silk: A Sherlock Holmes Novel The House of Silk: A Sherlock Holmes Novel by Anthony Horowitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Published: November 2011
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Recommended for: fans of detective novels

I got this book as a present and as soon as I saw it I started to read it, I thought that it was an absolutely amazing book to read. It is very well written, keeps hold of your attention. Anthony Horowitz does an amazing job of reviving Sherlock Holmes, he does Arthur Conan Doyle proud,he has captured the style of writing perfectly and makes the storyline really enjoyable. It is a must read for people of all ages.
When I was reading this book I was totally glued too it, it is the sort of books that when you have put it down and walked away, your mind is still thinking about it and still trying to work out what is going to happen next. I spent many nights up late reading this novel, it was just impossible to stop reading. Anthony Horowitz has definitely breathed new life into the Sherlock Holmes novels and opened it up to a whole new age group of people.
The pace and the tense that is featured in this novel is kept at a perfect balance all the way through right until the very last word, which means that there isn't a boring bit too read. I think this book is great for people who have read the original books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and also people who have haven't given the books a chance yet.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really good book, might get me reading yet.

    ReplyDelete