Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 October 2015

Review: The Champion

The Champion The Champion by Elizabeth Chadwick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Author: Elizabeth Chadwick
Published: 01/12/1998 (first published 1997)
Recommended for: fans of historical romances

I absolutely loved this book! It was one that intrigued me straight away with its beautiful cover, it stood out on the shelf. This book is not my normal type of book with it being a sort of historical romance novel.
The characters that are featured in the novel are very well described so that when you close your eyes you can imagine them and image the places they live in. The novel is set in the 1100's in Normandy, and see's the adventures, the ups and the downs of a girl called Monday. This book quickly captured my mind and was one that I could easily get caught up in, the characters are all very likeable and realistic which makes it all that bit easier to get caught up in Mondays life and you feel for her when she has to suffer through hard parts of her life.
This is the first book that I have read by this author and..... it certainly wont be the last one I read by her, it has me completely hooked on this genre. I thought that this book was brilliantly written and keeps a great pace throughout making you want to keep on reading the novel.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting, I like the fact it is set in Normandy in the 12th century the years of great hardships and wars, should be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete