Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 October 2015

Review: The Dress

The Dress The Dress by Kate Kerrigan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published: 10/09/2015
Author: Kate Kerrigan
Recommended for: fans of YA

I received this book through GoodReads FirstReads competitions for free.

I thought that this book was brilliantly and beautifully written by a clearly very talented author. I was so happy when I found out I had won this book as the storyline had hooked me in straight away and the beautiful front cover made me want to read it even more.
This book is set in the wonderful period of the 1950's in the stunning setting of New York, Joy is trying to hunt down a dress, but not just any dress....the most wonderful and beautiful dress in the whole world, in the hope that it may save her marriage. Her life has always been pretty easy with looks and wealth, however she finds that her life is now a struggle as she starts needing a drink of alcohol in the morning to face the day that lays ahead of her, to make things worse she also feels her husband is drifting away from her but cant think why.
Then there is Honor who is an unknown steamstress who doesnt believe in the talents that she has been blessed with. She has the beautiful setting of Ireland and has the incredible task of doing the dress for Joy but is worried she wont be good enough or skilled enough for the high demanding socialite.
Then we also meet another wonderful character who is Lily, she is a vintage fashion blogger (in the modern day) who comes across the picture of Joy who shares the same last name as her, after abit of investigating she finds out that she is loosely related to Lily. This news has a really good effect on Lily's life.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it was a real pleasure to be able to read it. It is Kate Kerrigan's debut novel and I think that it is an amazing way to kick off her career, I look forward to reading more books by her in the future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment