Total Pageviews

Friday 21 August 2015

Review: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published: 18/5/2004
Author: Mark Haddon


I read this book for an exam and I absolutely loved it, not only is it a great book but it opens your eyes up to Asperger syndrome, and to how they see things and how they think. It is a beautiful book and extremely well written. I think it is a must read for everybody. It is a book that alot of people can relate to and it is a story that will touch your heart. It is an excellant read that features Christpher he is an incredible smart and brilliant child who has to struggle with Asperger's however he doesn't let it stop him from living his life and showing everyone that just because he has a syndrome it doesn't mean that he can't be really smart. A truly inspiration novel.
I think that this is a novel that alot of people will be able to identify with, the way the author has written the novel makes you aware of the Aspergers as it is a running theme throughout it but it also helps you to understand what Asperger syndrome is and what it is like for someone who is living with it. It is a truly heartwarming story. The main thing that I would say about this book is that it is a must read for everyone! I read this book about 3times and it never got boring for me, it is a refreshing book about something that I hadn't read about before, didn't really know anything about, but through reading this story and following Christopher in the storyline it has opened my eyes to the syndrome.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment