Total Pageviews

Friday 21 August 2015

Review: Curtain

Curtain Curtain by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Author: Agatha Christie
Published: 01/09/2000 (first published 1973)

Another great book by Agatha Christie! Poirot is my favourite out of the Agatha Christie books, it is sad that the Hercule Poirot series came to an end but this was a really brilliant ending. I think that this book was brilliantly and expertly written, it gripped my attention and refused to let it go, even after I finished the book my head was still rushing through how Agatha Christie can write such an amazing book. Once again while reading this book I could never have guessed the ending.
The characters and the background/setting painted a vivid picture in the readers mind, and let you really get to know all of the characters. It is sad that the series ended but I shall always enjoy reading through all of the books time after time they will never get old or boring. I love these novels! Each of the characters add something too the novel, even if they seem like background characters at the end they normally have one of the biggest parts in the mytsery, this is one of the things that I love about these books, nothing that Agatha Christie writes about in the novel is just for the sake of it, it all gets tied up together nicely at the end.
I was both happy and sad to read this book, happy because it is Hercule Poirot and sad because it is the last one in the series, however it is definately the kind of book that you can read over and over again, it is a timeless classic (in my view). I would say that this book is suitable for young adults on wards as even though it is a murder mystery book the murders aren't in too much horrible detail where it would give you nightmares which makes it an interesting read that keeps your mind wondering who it is and keeps you focused on the characters and the setting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment