Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 August 2015

Review: The Girl in the Red Coat

The Girl in the Red Coat The Girl in the Red Coat by Kate Hamer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published: 26/02/2015
Author: Kate Hamer

I thought that this book was extremely well written and captivated my attention from the very first sentence. This book is about little 8 year old Carmel Wakeford who tragically becomes seperated from her parents at a festival, so when a gentleman finds her and claims to be her grandad she is going to believe him. While her parents are desperately trying to find her with no luck Carmel is sent on a journey that eventually makes her question who she is and who she is going to turn out to be. For a debut novel this one is exceptional and it really kept hold of my attention right until the very last word.
The characters that are in this book are extremely well described and the author adds alot of detail which really makes them come alive in the readers mind, it is like you are there watching everything happen in front of your eyes. The novel is narrated in the voice of little Carmel and also her mother, this is a very interesting method as they are both living through the same event but you get two different view points on it. When I was reading this novel I found myself caring a great deal for Carmel and her mother great especially as the mother (Beth) had just recently split up from her husband and then had to suffur through losing her daughter at the local festival.
I thought that this was a really great read and even though it left alot of questions unawnswered at the end of it, I truly enjoyed reading it and engaging in the novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment