Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 August 2015

Review: Northanger Abbey

Northanger Abbey Northanger Abbey by Val McDermid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published: 15/04/2014
Author: Val McDermid

This was a brilliant twist on a classic story! It kept my attention all the way to the end, it was hard to put it down to even eat or sleep. It doesn't mock the original, neither is it better than the original they are both brilliantly written by outstanding authors. I would recommend for anyone who has read the classic already and anyone who thinks the orignal is 'too old' for them to
read, this book will change your mind about that and make you want to read the original aswell. This book was written as part of 'The Austin Project' where some authors are taking a Jane Austin book are rewritting in it modern times.
This book features the wonderful character of Cat Moorland, who is very easy to like (especially as she loves reading books!), easy to relate to. Some parts of the book were a little bit too hard to believe and too far from the original (in my view), however this didn't stop me from enjoying the book and the decetive 'Nancy Drew' style of the character Cat. I spend many nights not sleeping and just reading this book. It was the first book I had read by Val McDermid and I really enjoy her style of writting, the book flowed nicely and the book kept a great pace throughout keeping the reader on their toes and wondering what Cat is going to do next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment