Total Pageviews

Monday 8 February 2016

Review: A Child al Confino: The True Story of a Jewish Boy and His Mother in Mussolini's Italy

A Child al Confino: The True Story of a Jewish Boy and His Mother in Mussolini's Italy A Child al Confino: The True Story of a Jewish Boy and His Mother in Mussolini's Italy by Eric Lamet
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published: 18/11/2010
Author: Eric Lamet
Recommended for: people who enjoy true life novels and biographies
Edition: Kindle

I saw this book on the Kindle Store for free and I thought that it looked really interesting so I gave it a go. It was a really interesting topic to read a book on, it gives a view on the lives of Jewish people living in Italy when the Nazis invaded there, I have normally only read about Jewish people living in Germany,Poland and Austria when the Nazis invaded, so it was nice to see it front a different point of view.

The story did kind of jump alittle bit, it didn't all connect together but that might have been due to the fact that the author was remember back to when he was between 7 and 13. It was a really good book to read, I might have cried a little (okay...I did), the story really puts you in Eric's shoes and what life was like for him in his childhood..which is meant to be the happiest time of your life.

The kindle version wasn't edited very well which lost it a star, but it was still a very good book and I would recommend it to people who like true stories from around that time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment