Total Pageviews

Monday 7 December 2015

Review: The Book of Unholy Mischief

The Book of Unholy Mischief The Book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Published:30/12/2008
Author: Elle Newmark
Recommended for: fans of mystery books


This was a very intriguing book, full of mystery and secrets. It took about 2pages to get into the story and get hooked on it, it was fast paced and kept you wondering what the 'unholy book of mischief' was about. It was brilliantly written and you learn alot from the book. The books it's self is like a book of unholy mischief. I would recommend it for anybody who likes books full of mystery, secrets, intrigue and adventure. You feel like your in the book and doing what they are doing with the great description of the setting, surroundings and characters you feel like you know them all.
I couldn't put this book down at all! I thought it was absolutely amazing and when I did put it down between chapters it was still on my mind, the characters are amazing, very well described and fit perfectly in the story and setting. I would recommend this book to anybody who is wanting to try this genre out, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I cant fault this book at all.
This book is set in 1498, it features a orphan boy called Luciano who is chosen to be an apprentice chef at the doge's palace. He goes from living on the streets of Venice scrounging for food and causing mischief, to helping in the doge's palace, this gives the book a feel good factor straight away as you already feel happy for Luciano. While he is learning the art of cooking he suddenly finds himself on the hunt with his maestro for an ancient tomb. but is the head chef hiding important information from him? This book is full of mystery, twists and turns, and a little hint of romance!
This is by far one of the best books I have ever read, I am so glad that I managed to come across this book and I would definitely look out for more books by Elle Newmark

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment