Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 December 2015

Review: Women of Courage

Women of Courage Women of Courage by Tim Vicary
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Published: 14/02/2015
Author: Tim Vicary
Recommended for: fans of historical novels
Edition: Kindle

I found this set of novels on the Kindle Store for free and so I thought that I would give them a go. I really enjoyed reading all three of the novels, I don't read many historical novels like this one but when I read the storyline at the back I just knew that it would be a good read and I was right about that. It was very well written with a few little spelling mistakes (which I expect when reading a Kindle version).
The first book is called Cat & Mouse in which a British Suffragette called Sarah Becket who faces a prison term for demonstating womens right to vote. The secone book is called The Blood upon the Rose in which a young Irish medical student Catherine O' Connell-Gort who fights for the end of the British rule in Ireland. She has to choose between her family and her lover (a young IRA volunteer), her country or her class. The third book is called In the Monmouth Summer in which young Ann Carter is torn by similar choice to Catherine O'Connell-Gort. It is set in 1685 where the Puritans rise up in revolt in the support of the Duke of Monmouth against King James II (the Catholic King of England)
These are great books for fans of historical novels as they have been really well researched by the author, the characters are fictional but the events that they are involved in are all true, and the choices that all three women had to make were exactly the type of ones some women at that time would also have to face.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment